Wednesday, May 8, 2013

+1, as in years

I have been asked several times over the last few weeks why I haven't been posting on my blog. To be honest, I have a lot of things going on that I could be talking about. My kids, Crossfit, new recipes and my life in general. But, I really just haven't felt like there were things that everyone needed or wanted to hear about. Or even things that I really feel I needed to share. 

So, I did what not enough people do in our social media, share everything, crazed world. I kept my thoughts, feelings, emotions and verbal diarrhea to myself. And you know what? I think it was a smart move, for my sake, and yours.

With that being said.... moving on...

It's Crossfit Games season and I'm pretty damn stoked about it. I can't wait to go to the Crossfit Northeast Regionals May 17-19 in Canton, MA. 

If you have never been, or are interested in Crossift, or just like sports events, get there. The fittest athletes in the Northeast are there to compete in individual and team competitions at Reebok World Headquarters. It's pretty freakin' sweet! Plus, it doesn't hurt that there will be hundreds of amazingly fit people there as well. Six packs drinking six packs. Believe me guys and girls, if you like good-looking fit people, it's Eye-Candy Central!

The regional competition is the culmination of the Crossfit Games Open that welcomes all comers from around the world to compete for five weeks in five different workouts which could potentially let you qualify for the regionals. This year, was an amazing five weeks at my Box (or gym) Crossfit Wicked in Middleton, MA.

The Open workout was programmed on Thursday this at Crossfit Wicked this year, but many people did it, or re-did it on Sunday. And our community of awesome members that make up Crossfit Wicked gathered to watch and cheer on other members. It really is an amazing thing to be a part of. Cheering on people to get 10 reps or 100 reps just as loud as the next. It really is what makes Crossfit so great. Everyone is there to compete. Whatever level you are, you can compete and try to be better everyday. The gains mentally, emotionally and physically are truly amazing. And the people around you that experience it with you make it even better.

Of course, another fun thing about the Open were the donuts.

Yes, I said donuts!

This fall, I found a recipe to make Paleo Apple Cider Donuts and they are to die for. My five week total at the end of the open was over 250 donuts made. And the members of 'Wicked were very grateful. It felt good to make it a staple that people looked forward to every week. 

Another memorable moment of those 5 weeks was heading to McDonald's and ordering 20 Iced coffees at the drive-thru only to hear the girl on the other end of the speaker say "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?" Really good stuff!

Now, it's getting to Spring/Summer crunch time and my 41st birthday has passed, time to get back to pretty strict Paleo. Three days in so far, and feeling good, one year older, one year better!

Hopefully you'll see more posts from me on a regular basis in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment